Friday, March 23, 2012

Random vignettes

Wow, I am not keeping up with this as I should be. So here are a bunch of small stories of recent events:
---
A friend says to me, "As soon as I saw him, I thought of you."
I guess I complement someone with fantastically unique style ... and a dark soul. I'm not sure if she meant it as a compliment, but I took it as one!

---

Very elderly couple in the elevator, "You're so young, are you 18? Here for college?"
I looked around at the empty elevator for someone else and then laughed in amazement at the very sincere question. Apparently, I need to go out in band T-shirts, flat hair and no makeup more often.

---

More than a year ago, a friend told me she and her husband had questioned - only for a moment - if I did drugs, since one of my fingernails was so long. I was shocked. No, I don't; I just let my nails grow until they break. So one might be longer than the rest naturally. Recently, I actually measured one of these nails, as even I am impressed with its length. I give you the half-inch pinkie nail that I'm oddly proud of:

---

No comments:

Post a Comment